Now that fall has arrived, many Floridians are happy that they can, once again, traipse around the corner to their local green or farmers market and get the season’s prime pickings — fresh from the fields.
In West Palm Beach, the opening of the city’s weekly GreenMarket, staged on the waterfront Saturday mornings, is always a much-anticipated event. The market opened Oct. 7 and runs through April 21, 2018.
More than 80 vendors feature fresh local produce, plants, exotic flowers, herbs, baked goods, gourmet foods, teas, coffees and more.
For more information, call 561-822-1520 or visit the City of West Palm Beach GreenMarket page on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/CityOfWestPalmBeachGreenMarket.
Guide to Green Markets in Florida
Without further ado, here are some Florida farmers and green markets’ times and dates for the 2017-18 harvest season.
Please note: This is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive list. In some cases, for example, attempts to contact the market’s representative for dates and/or times proved unsuccessful. In other instances, lack of a contact person to verify the information necessitated either removing a market from our listings or requiring us to refer readers to the market’s website or Facebook page for updates.
SOUTHEAST (Broward, Indian River, Martin, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach, St. Lucie counties):
- Delray Beach Green Market, Old School Square, downtown Delray, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays; opens Oct. 28.
- Broward Health Imperial Point Hospital, 6401 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursdays, year-round.
- Downtown Fort Pierce Farmers Market, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce City Marina; Saturdays, 8 a.m. to noon, year-round.
- Lake Worth Farmers Market, Old Bridge Park, corner of State Road A1A and Lake Avenue, Lake Worth; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays; opens Oct. 21, runs through April.
- Gardens GreenMarket, 10500 N. Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sundays; open through May 6. (Summer GreenMarket runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 11010 N. Military Trail; May 13-Sept. 30, 2018.)
- City of Parkland Farmers Market, 8350 Ranch Road, Parkland; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., first and third Sunday, opens Nov. 5, runs through April 22.
- Pompano Beach Green Market, Atlantic Blvd. at NE First Ave.; runs Oct. 14 through April; times unavailable, so visit please website for updates.
- Royal Palm Beach Green Market & Bazaar, Veterans Park, 1036 Royal Palm Beach Blvd., Royal Palm Beach; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sundays; opens Oct. 15, runs through April.
- Wellington Green Market, Wellington Amphitheatre parking lot, 12150 Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays; runs through April.
- West Palm Beach GreenMarket, downtown at Waterfront Commons; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays; runs through April 21.
SOUTHWEST (Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Lee, Manatee, Sarasota counties):
- Rooster’s on Route 80 Farm Fresh Produce, 15500 Palm Beach Blvd., Alva; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days; opens Oct. 20.
- Bonita Springs Farmers Market, 26795 S. Bay Drive, Bonita Springs; 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
- Bradenton Farmers Market, Old Main Street north of Manatee Avenue, Bradenton; Saturdays; runs through May.
- Cape Coral Farmers Market, SE 10th Place at SE 47th Terrace, Cape Coral; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays; runs through May.
- Surfside Sunset Market, 2366 Surfside Blvd., Cape Coral; 2 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays, year-round.
- Coconut Point Farmers Market, 23106 Fashion Drive, Estero; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays; runs through April.
- Englewood Farmers Market, 300 block of W. Dearborn St., Englewood; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays; runs through May.
- Fenway South Farm & Flea Market, 11500 Fenway S. Drive, Fort Myers; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays; runs Jan. 8, 2018, to March 26.
- Fort Myers Farmers Market at FSW (Florida SouthWestern State College), 8099 College Parkway, Fort Myers; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fridays; runs through April.
- Lakes Park Farmers Market, 7330 Gladiolus Drive, Fort Myers; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays; runs through April.
- Marco Island Farmers Market, Veterans Community Park, 901 Park Ave., Marco Island; 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays; opens Nov. 15, runs through April 18.
- Naples has two year-round markets: The Saturday Community Market, 4701 Golden Gate Parkway, is open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. The Sunday Farmers Market, 11725 Collier Blvd., is open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays.
- Pine Ridge Road Farmers Market, 3370 Pine Ridge Road, Naples; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays; runs Oct. 15 through May.
- Shoppes at Vanderbilt Farmer’s Market, 2355 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays; runs through May.
- North Port Farmers Market, North Port City Hall, 4970 City Hall Blvd.; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fridays; runs through April.
- Sanibel Island Farmers Market, 800 Dunlop Road, Sanibel; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sundays; runs through May.
- Phillippi Farmhouse Market, 5500 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays; runs through April.
- Venice Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays, through December; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays, January through April.
CENTRAL (Brevard, Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Seminole, Sumter counties):
- Green Marketplace, 3910 N. U.S. 1, Cocoa; visit www.facebook.com/TheGreenMarketplace for updates.
- Dunedin Downtown Market, John R. Lawrence Pioneer Park, 420 Main St., Dunedin; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; opens Nov. 3, runs through May.
- Edgewood Community Farmers Market, 405 Larue Ave., Edgewood; 4 to 8 p.m. Thursdays; check Facebook page for opening, closing dates.
- Largo Downtown Market, 301 W. Bay Ave., Largo; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. first and third Saturdays; runs through May.
- Jen’s Market, Little Harbor Resort, 611 Destiny Drive, Ruskin; 3 to 8 p.m. Saturdays; runs through May.
- Saturday Morning Market, Al Lang Stadium parking lot, First Ave. S. and First St. SE, downtown St. Petersburg; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays; runs through May.
- Corey Avenue Sunday Market, Corey Ave. between Boca Ciega Ave. and Gulf Blvd., St. Pete Beach, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays; runs through May.
- Seminole Heights Sunday Morning Market, Hillsborough High School, 5000 N. Central Ave., Tampa; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays; runs through May.
- Sweetwater Organic Community Sunday Market, 6942 W. Comanche Ave., Tampa; noon to 4 p.m. Sundays; opens Oct. 15, runs through May 20.
- Fresh Market at Wiregrass, 28211 Paseo Drive, Suite 100, Wesley Chapel; visit www.theshopsatwiregrass.com for updates.
NORTHEAST (Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Volusia counties):
- Bryceville Farm and Craft Market, 7674 U.S. 301, Bryceville; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., third Saturday.
- Riverside Arts Market, 715 Riverside Ave., Jacksonville; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays, year-round.