5 FunFacts: Stonecrabs; a Chef’s Perspective
- Sets the tone for the Season
- Summer has ended and the threat of Hurricanes has died
- Caviar of the Ocean
- There’s nothing to cook, you must rely on quality alone
- Sustainable Practices
- Only one claw is harvested per crab each season
- Celebrates our Fishermen
- Their dedication & care in harvesting gives us the quality we expect & crave for
- The unique taste provides a devouring excitement like no other, keeping us coming back for more each season
Today, we’re talking about stone crabs and what better person to talk to then Chef Jamie DeRosa, owner & executive chef of Izzy’s Fish & Oyster Miami. Have you heard that he’s also opening a second Izzy’s location in January 2017 in Fort Myers?
If you haven’t been to Izzy’s yet, you’re in for quite a treat, as the restaurant serves up fresh seafood with a New Baltimore twist. Chef Jamie is dedicated to serving up fresh in-season dishes, and currently uses produce acquired from Harpke Family Farm, Paradise Farms Organic, Matt’s Farm Tomato’s, Local Roots Distribution as well as others locally.
Izzy’s is the place to be if you’re looking for $3 claws and ½ off oysters, during happy hour, Monday through Friday from 4 p.m.. – 7 p.m.
Some other exciting specials include: $25 stone crab rolls a la carte, and $5 Narragansett beer pitchers or White Sangria pitchers with Fall spices.
Izzy’s Miami is located at 423 Washington Ave., Miami Beach, FL
Izzy’s Fort Myers will be located at 2282 First Street, Downtown Fort Myers, FL