Now that fall has arrived, many Floridians are happy that they can, once again, drive — or in some cases, walk — to their local farmers market and get the season’s prime pickings, fresh from the fields.
In West Palm Beach, the opening of the city’s weekly GreenMarket, staged on the waterfront on Saturday mornings, is always a much-anticipated event. The market runs, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., through April 20, 2019.
More than 90 local vendors feature fresh local produce, plants, exotic flowers, herbs, baked goods, gourmet foods, teas, coffees and more.
For more information, call 561-822-1515 or visit the City of West Palm Beach GreenMarket page on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/WPBGreenMarket.
Guide to Green Markets in Florida
Without further ado, here are some Florida farmers and green markets’ times and dates for the 2018-19 harvest season.
Please note: This is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive list. In some cases, for example, attempts to contact the market’s representative for dates and/or times proved unsuccessful.
In other instances, lack of a contact person to verify the information necessitated either removing a market from our listings or requiring us to refer readers to the market’s website or Facebook page for updates. Because most markets close on major holidays and for other reasons, check their website or Facebook page before planning to visit.
To suggest a farmers/green market to add, send its full name, website and/or Facebook page address, and contact information to [email protected]
SOUTHEAST (Broward, Indian River, Martin, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach, St. Lucie counties):
- Delray Beach Green Market, Old School Square, downtown Delray, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
- Broward Health Imperial Point Hospital, 6401 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursdays, year-round.
- Downtown Fort Pierce Farmers Market, 101 Melody Lane, Fort Pierce City Marina; Saturdays, 8 a.m. to noon, year-round.
- Lake Worth Farmers Market, Old Bridge Park, corner of State Road A1A and Lake Avenue, Lake Worth; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays.
- Palm Beach Gardens GreenMarket, Municipal Complex, 10500 N. Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Sunday.
- City of Parkland Farmers Market, 8350 Ranch Road, Parkland; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., first and third Sundays, runs through April 28.
- GreenMarket Pompano Beach, Atlantic Blvd. at NE First Ave.; Saturdays through April; times unavailable.
- Jupiter Farmers Market at El Sol; City Hall, Jupiter; 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sundays; runs Nov. 11 through April 28.
- Royal Palm Beach Green Market & Bazaar, Veterans Park, 1036 Royal Palm Beach Blvd., Royal Palm Beach; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sundays; 3-7 p.m. Wednesdays; runs through April.
- Green Market at Wellington, Wellington Amphitheatre parking lot, 12150 Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays; runs through April.
- West Palm Beach GreenMarket, downtown at Waterfront Commons; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays; runs through April 20.
SOUTHWEST (Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Lee, Manatee, Sarasota counties):
- Rooster’s on Route 80 Farm Fresh Produce, 15500 Palm Beach Blvd., Alva; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days.
- Bonita Springs Farmers Market, 26795 S. Bay Drive, Bonita Springs; 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays; runs through April.
- Bradenton Farmers Market, Old Main Street, downtown Bradenton; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays; runs through May.
- Cape Coral DowntownFarmers Market, SE 10th Place at SE 47th Terrace, Cape Coral; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays; runs through May 11.
- Surfside Sunset Market, Shops at Surfside, Cape Coral; 1 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays, year-round.
- Coconut Point Farmers Market, 23106 Fashion Drive, Estero; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays; runs through April.
- Englewood Farmers Market, 300 block of W. Dearborn St., Englewood; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays; runs through May.
- Fenway South Farm & Flea Market, 11500 Fenway S. Drive, Fort Myers; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays; runs Jan. 7, 2019, to March 25.
- Fort Myers Farmers Market; Centennial Park; Fort Myers; 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays; year-round.
- Lakes Park Farmers Market, 7330 Gladiolus Drive, Fort Myers; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays; runs through April.
- Marco Island Farmers Market, Veterans Community Park, 901 Park Ave., Marco Island; 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays; opens Nov. 14, runs through April 24.
- Naples has three year-round markets: the Golden Gate Community Market, 4701 Golden Gate Parkway, is open 2 to 7 p.m. Fridays. The Saturday Community Market is also at 4701 Golden Gate Parkway; hours unavailable. The Sunday Farmers Market, 11725 Collier Blvd., is open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays, year-round.
- Pine Ridge Road Farmers Market, 3370 Pine Ridge Road, Naples; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays; closing date unavailable.
- Shoppes at Vanderbilt Farmer’s Market, 2355 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays; runs through May.
- Sanibel Island Farmers Market, 800 Dunlop Road, Sanibel; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sundays; runs through May.
- Phillippi Farmhouse Market, 5500 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays; runs January 2019 through April.
- Venice Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays, January through April.
CENTRAL (Brevard, Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Seminole, Sumter counties):
- Dunedin Downtown Market, John R. Lawrence Pioneer Park, 420 Main St., Dunedin; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; runs through May.
- Largo Downtown Market, 301 W. Bay Ave., Largo; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. first and third Saturdays; runs through May.
- Jen’s Market, Little Harbor Resort, 536 Bahia Beach Blvd., Ruskin; noon to 6 p.m. second Saturday of each month; runs through April.
- Saturday Morning Market, 101 First St. SE, downtown St. Petersburg; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays; runs through May.
- Corey Avenue Sunday Market, Corey Ave. between Boca Ciega Ave. and Gulf Blvd., St. Pete Beach, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays; runs through first Sunday of June.
- Seminole Heights Sunday Morning Market, Hillsborough High School, 5000 N. Central Ave., Tampa; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., second Sunday of each month, through May.
- Sweetwater Sunday Market, 6942 W. Comanche Ave., Tampa; noon to 4 p.m. Sundays; runs through May.
- Fresh Market at Wiregrass, 28211 Paseo Drive, Suite 100, Wesley Chapel; first and third Saturdays of each month; year-round; except for Nov., Dec. and Jan., when market is held only the first Saturday of the month.
NORTHEAST (Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Volusia counties):
- Riverside Arts Market, 715 Riverside Ave., Jacksonville; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays, year-round.