Today, October 27, 2016 is American Beer Day.
Why should we celebrate American Beer Day? American Beer is the most popular alcoholic drink in the United States, and our state’s locally crafted beer market keeps increasing in popularity. That’s why!
First, the U.S. beer industry sells more than $100 billion in beer and malt-based beverages to domestic consumers each year. That’s a lot of barley to hop about! Secondly, a whopping 82 percent of all beer consumed in the U.S. last year was domestically produced. We know a good thing when we taste it! Last, with over 4,100 U.S. reported brewery facilities in 2015, there are plenty locations to offer you a nice variety.
So, whether it be craft or commercially brewed; there’s a pale lager, brown ale, IPA, porter or stout just for you! Go out today and support a domestic brew. Better yet, take this opportunity to support a local Florida brewery for today’s celebration, and remember Happy American Beer Day!
Enjoy these 5 Fun Facts to Celebrate American Beer Day
- US prohibition lasted 13 years, 10 months, 19 days, 17 hours, & 32.5 minutes
- The White House brews its own beer.
- Women: the original brew master!?!
- Exposure to light makes beer go bad…that’s why most brews are found in the common brown or green bottled colors
- You CAN, in fact, take a BEER-Bath! All you have to do is travel to the Chodovar Spa, in the Czech Republic. You know you want to!