This recipe for Mango-Salmon Ceviche makes four servings. It’s a rich and tangy ceviche blending a classic Latin American dish with Caribbean flavors.
- 1/2 pound raw salmon
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 limes (for their juice)
- 2 large mangoes
- Dice mangoes and salmon; chop onions, ginger and cilantro.
- In a separate bowl, add the lime juice and ginger to salmon, and allow it to cook in the lime-juice acid. Add salt if necessary.
- Add herbs and mangoes just before serving.
- This dish is best served with sweet potato chips or plantains.
Chrissy Benoit is an entrepreneur chef, restaurant owner and business incubator. She has many years in the restaurant business, including in the kitchen. Chrissy also teaches cooking classes in the Orlando area.